Health & Dental
The Massachusetts Interlocal Insurance Association (MIIA) is the insurance arm of the Massachusetts Municipal Association (MMA), a private, nonprofit and nonpartisan organization of cities and towns. On July 1, 1992, MIIA established the MIIA Health Benefits Trust in cooperation with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to serve the health benefit needs of local government. The Trust was established pursuant to M.G.L. Chapter 32B Section 12 and is now one of the largest pools in the nation.
The MIIA Health Benefits Trust offers the following advantages to its members:
* Governance by a board of trustees comprised of local government officials.
* A full spectrum of Blue Cross Blue Shield product options to meet the needs of local government employees and retirees. Products include HMO Blue, which has been rated as the #1 health plan for member satisfaction in Massachusetts by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
* Rating methodologies such as caps on rate increases and pooling of large losses, which are designed to provide rate stability over time.
* Support for the municipality’s enrollment staff on MGL Chapter 32B and Blue Cross Blue Shield underwriting requirements. Quality control of enrollment transactions, monitoring and reporting on overage dependents and those reaching age 65.
* Customer service on benefit and claims issues which supplements services provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield’s dedicated Municipal Unit.
* Wellness and health promotion services unequalled by any competitor.
View the Health Benefits Trust Privacy Notice (for Subscribers)
Download a Sample HIPAA Privacy Notice (for Accounts)