MIIA Annual Meeting activities
MIIA members are invited to attend the MIIA Annual Meeting, luncheon and awards ceremony scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 23, from noon to 1:30 p.m., at the Hynes Convention Center.
During the event, MIIA will review activities of the past year, look toward 2016, and announce Risk Management and Wellness award winners. Members will also have the opportunity to cast a vote for MIIA Board of Directors seats up for election. (Note: Pre-registration is required for the meeting/luncheon.)
MIIA members can also earn Rewards credits by participating in two different MIIA-sponsored seminars during the MMA conference, and/or by attending eight other designated workshops.
The following workshops are eligible for Rewards:
Friday, Jan. 22, session
• Employer Rights in a New Era of Workplace Monitoring
• Labor Law Update
• Municipal Land Use and Zoning Update
• Municipal Liability: What Every Manager Should Know*
• New Technology in Pavement Management and Snow and Ice Operations
Saturday, Jan. 23, session
• Communities at Work: Safety Regulations for Municipal Workers*
• Critical Issues in Modern Municipal Policing
• Media Relations Concepts for Municipal Officials
• Getting Ready for a New Public Records Law
• Municipal and Open Meeting Law Update
* - MIIA-sponsored workshops
As part of the trade show, MIIA Well Aware will present a “Power of 10 Minutes a Day” mini-fair (booths 926-931), which will incorporate informative and interactive activities related to key lifestyle behaviors that affect health. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn how their nutrition, sleep, stress and physical activity habits can reduce or increase their risks of developing certain health conditions. MIIA staff and wellness providers will be on hand to answer questions.
MIIA will also present an informative and engaging “Health Food Challenge” at booth 400.