This webinar will provide an overview of the sweeping new regulations under the federal gender equity law, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. Schools were required to come into compliance by August 14, 2020. The changes focus on schools' handling of complaints of sexual harassment and related sexual misconduct. The new regulations govern complaints of sexual misconduct by school staff-on-students, students-on students and employees-on-employees. Topics to be highlighted include:
- New definitions of Sexual Harassment and related sexual misconduct necessary to update policies and procedures.
- New Grievance Procedures.
- Expanded roles and responsibilities for Title IX Coordinators and Title IX Team Members.
- Detailed requirements for Investigators and Decision-Makers, who must be separate individuals and each issue detailed written reports.
- New Due Process Elements including Appeal Rights.
- Significant and Prescribed Training Requirements.
- Substantial Documentation Requirements.
Who Should Attend? Superintendents, Asst. Superintendents, Principals, Asst. Principals, School Committee Members, Title IX Coordinators, T.IX Team Members, K-12 personnel (teachers, guidance counselors, adjustment counselors, athletic directors), Town Administrators/Managers, Human Resource Personnel