Prior to the implementation of the Operation & Maintenance provisions of the management plan(s)’, all members of a school system’s maintenance and custodial staff (custodians, electricians, heating/air conditioning engineers, plumbers, etc.) who may work in a building that contains Asbestos Containing Building Materials (ACBM) must receive awareness training of at least 2 hours, whether or not they are required to work with ACBM. New custodial and maintenance employees shall be
trained within 60 days after commencement of employment. Training shall include, but not be limited to:
· Information regarding asbestos and its various uses and forms.
· Information on the health effects associated with asbestos exposure.
· Locations of ACBM identified throughout each school building in which they work.
· Recognition of damage, deterioration, and delamination of ACBM.
· Name and telephone number of the person designated to carry out general local education agency responsibilities under §763.84 and the availability and location of the management plan(s).
Participants must rely on their asbestos “designated person” to obtain copies of the management plan so that they may see locations of ACBM in each school building in which